Involving nudity and whipping, the pagan roots of Valentine’s Day are somewhat different to the way we celebrate today! Different eras and cultures all have their own interpretations and nowadays, like many old customs, it is a big event in the UK calendar for both individuals and business.
Thinking about it, there are many parallels that can be drawn between successful personal and successful business relationships. Here’s a few that spring to mind:
- Remember that communication is a two-way process. Don’t just blast out information, be prepared to listen, discuss and then implement.
- Establish a long term relationship based on value for both sides.
- Be truthful with each other. Prices should be transparent and potential problems discussed and resolved openly.
- Respect each other.
- Work in partnership to achieve goals.
- Love your clients and they’ll love you back.
Finally, be thoughtful and innovative. This year we gave out a tiny packet of Love Hearts with our pre-Valentine’s Day deliveries. Our clients loved the surprise and say it brightened their day.
Diane Green, marketing manager, MBM Omega