Last year our MBM Omega Christmas quiz was so popular we decided to bring it back for 2021. Whether you’re self-isolating, working from home or in the office, test your Christmas knowledge and show it off to all your colleagues.
Film and TV (questions):
1) How many ghosts show up in A Christmas Carol?
2) How old is Kevin McCallister in Home Alone?
3) In Mean Girls, what song do The Plastics perform a routine to in front of their school?
4) In Will Ferrell’s Elf, what’s the first rule in the Code of The Elves?
5) What is the name of the little girl who befriends the Grinch in the 2000 film?
6) Die Hard takes place on Christmas Eve – but in which city?
7) In Will Ferrell’s Elf, what are the four food groups elves can eat?
8) What gift did Harry Potter receive from the Dursleys during his first Christmas at Hogwarts?
9) Which British actor plays Santa Claus in the 1994 remake of ‘A Miracle on 34th Street’?
10) What is the name of the song performed by Billy Mack in Love Actually, a festive cover version of a previous hit single?
1) How many gifts were given in total in ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’ song?
2) What year did Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ come out?
3) What comes next in Wham’s Last Christmas: “Once bitten and twice shy, I keep my distance…”
4) What is the best-selling Christmas song of all time?
5) Which singer is widely considered the King of Christmas?
6) Which musician sings the catchy ‘Wonderful Christmastime’?
7) How many ‘la’s’ are after the ‘fa’ in ‘Deck the Halls’?
8) What is the only band in the history of the UK singles charts to have achieved Christmas number one twice with the same song?
9) Complete the lyric: “And so this is Christmas, and what have you done, another year over …”
10) Which is the most-covered Christmas song of all time?
Food and drink (questions):
1) In which country is it a tradition to eat KFC for Christmas dinner?
2) What is traditionally hidden inside a Christmas pudding?
3) Traditionally, when should you start making a Christmas pudding?
4) In the old days, women in England who wanted to find a husband ate what at Christmas for good luck?
5) What is the name of the traditional Italian cake eaten at Christmas?
6) What should be eaten on each of the 12 days of Christmas to ensure good luck for the year ahead?
7) True or False: The first mince pies contained meat.
8) Which drinks brand is credited with popularising Santa’s red and white outfit?
9) Traditionally served hot at Christmas, with what is mulled wine made from?
10) What Christmas treats can be hung on trees as edible decorations?
Christmas Traditions (questions):
1) When do the 12 days of Christmas start?
2) According to tradition, when should you have your Christmas decorations down by?
3) What type of tree is most commonly used for Christmas trees?
4) On Christmas, the Queen gives a speech to the nation. When did the tradition of royal Christmas speeches begin?
5) Which country donates the Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square?
6) What birds are popular on Christmas cards?
7) In what country was eggnog invented?
8) Which country started the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
9) How do you say “Merry Christmas” in Spanish?
10) What does Santa give to naughty children?