We know this year has been stranger than ever and we’ve all had to make sacrifices to return to some form of normal. For most, it is unlikely there will be a Christmas party this year because of Tier restrictions so we’d like to help inspire some Festive activity whether that’s a small office get-together or a gathering via a video call.
The quiz is a British tradition made even more so over lockdown as we found ways to socialise given household restrictions. So, here’s a Christmas quiz from us at MBM Omega to bring your business or family some light-hearted fun!
Film and TV (questions):
1) Hugh Grant plays the role of the Prime Minister in Love Actually, but which former EastEnders actress plays his Downing Street love interest?
2) Which classic tv show aired their final Christmas Special on Christmas Day in 2003? Hint: the episode was titled ‘Sleepless in Peckham’
3) Which British Actor played Scrooge in ‘the Muppet Christmas Carol?’
4) In the first Home Alone movie, where are Kevin’s family going on holiday when they leave him behind?
5) Gavin and Stacey returned for a Christmas special in 2019, but how long had the show been off air before the reunion?
6) Can you name the character that Ross from Friends creates when he’s unable to get a Santa Claus outfit?
7) ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ is a Christmas movie classic but can you name the fictional town in which it takes place?
8) Which 1983 comedy film sees Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy cross paths when they become part of an elaborate bet?
1) Can you name the band that was Christmas number one in 2009 following a successful social media campaign?
2) Which ‘Wet Wet Wet’ song did Love Actually’s Billy Mack (played by Bill Nighy) rework into a Christmas themed hit in 2003?
3) Which song from Michael Bublé’s Christmas album titled ‘Christmas’ was the only one to reach the UK top 40?
4) Who co-wrote ‘Do They Know It’s Christmas’ with Bob Geldof in 1984?
5) Which war was being referenced in John Lennon & Yoko Ono’s ‘Happy Xmas (War is Over)’?
6) What was the name of the choir in ‘Fairy tale of New York?
7) How many memories does Chris Rea have to keep him company when ‘Driving Home for Christmas?’
8) Robbie Williams had the Christmas number one in 2001 with a cover of ‘Somethin’ Stupid’, but which Oscar winner did he duet with?
Food and drink (questions)
1) Turkey is the traditional Christmas dinner main, but which roasted dish is the alternative for a vegetarian?
2) Which spirit is traditionally added to butter and served with Christmas pudding?
3) In which direction should you stir your mincemeat for good luck?
4) Which snack is traditionally put out for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve?
5) Shortbread is often associated with Christmas, but from which country is it from?
6) What is the name of the German fruit bread often eaten at Christmas time?
7) Which takeaway chain is popular in Japan over Christmas and is often ordered weeks in advance?
8) Which sauce is traditionally served at Christmas with Turkey?
General Christmas Knowledge (questions)
1) Which country started the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
2) What gift is offered on the 8th day of Christmas in the traditional carol?
3) From which country does the Trafalgar Square Christmas Tree get donated from?
4) Which bird is popularly seen on Christmas cards?
5) What colour are mistletoe berries?
6) What are the names of the three ghosts that come to visit Ebenezer Scrooge?
7) What is ‘Merry Christmas’ in Spanish?
8) Which Christmas themed ballet was first performed in Russia?